Wednesday, March 25, 2020

Adorkable review


AdorkableTitle:  Adorkable 

Author: Cookie O'Gorman 

Chapters: 17 plus some extra content

Pages:340

Genre: YA Rom Com Chick lit 

Rating: 4 stars 

Publisher: Entangled: Teen

I have to say I loved the title of this book Adorkable it's described as a descriptive term as equal parts dorky and adorable, which describes the main character, Sally Spitz, to a T.   She's been friends with the boy next Becks for years, the only problem is she's had a crush on him for just as long.  But she's a nerd and he's the captain and star of the soccer team. But when she needs a fake boyfriend to get her mom and her other best friend to stop setting her up on blind dates Becks willing steps in to play the part, because while Sally's been keeping secrets from everyone including her mom, Becks has been keeping secrets for Sally. 

I loved this book I think mainly because Sally reminded me so much of me in high school a nerdy girl on the petite side whom my guy friends thought was adorable. I would have loved the term adorkable in high school.  Like Sally in high school I tended to slip into German when I was upset.   And one of my best guy friends whom I did have a crush on but never dates was on the soccer team.   This book gave me all the early 2000s teen Rom Com feels.  I also loved that his book was set in North Carolina and mentioned two of the top Colleges in North Carolina who do have a bitter rivalry Duke and UNC (North Carolina). 

This book is perfect for all those girls who feel like too much of a nerd to ever get the guy and well as anyone who felt that way in high school.   And keep in my mind according to Disney the nerdy bookworm been getting the guy since 1991, thanks, Belle. 



No comments:

Post a Comment