Wednesday, March 18, 2020

The Anatomist's Wife Review


The Anatomist's Wife (Lady Darby Mystery #1)Title:  The Anatomist’s Wife 

Author: Anna Lee Huber 

Series: Lady Darby mystery book 1

Pages:357

Genre: Historical Mystery 

Rating: 4 stars 

Publisher:  Penguin publishing 

The Anatomist's wife by Anna Lee Huber is the first book in the Lady Darby Mystery series.  Kiera Lady Darby didn't plan on getting involved in solving mysteries.  She did so pretty much save her own neck.  When a murder happens at a house party she becomes the prime suspect because of rumors about her past. She only agrees to work with Sebastian Gage to clear her own name. But she soon discovers that she has a nack and eye for clues.  

I enjoyed this book more than I thought I would because even though I enjoy reading historical fiction and mysteries I haven't found one that combined the two that I enjoyed.  From the first chapter, I was hooked and couldn't wait to find out what happened.  The reveal of the murderer was a shock I didn't see that coming.   This book is a strong first novel in a series and the books just keep getting better from here. The banter between Kiera and Gage adds to the story. 

No comments:

Post a Comment