Friday, March 27, 2020

Star of Persia Review


Cover Love and Book News: Coming in early 2020 from Revell Books | relzreviewz.comTitle:  Star of Persia: Esther's story 

Author: Jill Eileen Smith 

Chapters: 42 plus prologue and epilogue 
Pages:368

Genre: Christian fiction, Biblical fiction 

Rating: 5 stars 

Publisher: Revell

     One of my favorite books of the Bible is the book of Esther, so when I saw that Jill Eileen Smith had written a Biblical fiction book on Esther called the Star of Persia: Ester's Story I knew that I had to read it.  Jill Eileen Smith is one of only two authors I go to for, for Biblical fiction. 
Star of Persia: Esther's Story is different than Jill's previous books but is just as good as the other books of hers that I've read.  In this one, she balanced the Biblical account of the book of Esther with that of the historical account of Xerxes rein. Both the Biblical and historical accounts were woven together to bring this awesome book to live.
Star of Persia brings the story of Esther to life an after reading this book I went back and read the book of Esther from my Bible. 
This book is perfect for fans of Biblical fiction and Tessa Afhsar. 

I received a copy of this book from the publisher through netgalley. I was not required to write a positive review. All opinions expressed are mine alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment