Wednesday, June 30, 2021

Bookshop by the Sea by Denise Hunter

 Title:  Bookshop by the Sea

Author:  Denise Hunter

Ch: 42 Plus epilogue

Pg:  322

Genre:  Christian Contemporary Romance

Rating: 4 stars

Publisher: Thomas Nelson

 

I'm not going to lie I was a little iffy going into this book, because outside of the A Big Sky Romance series Denise Hunter's books have been misses for me. However with Bookshop by the Sea I was presently surprised that while I didn't love it I did enjoy it.  I liked Aiden from the beginning while Sophie took a while to warm up to. Mainly because she was mad and wouldn't forgive Aiden for something he didn't actually know, and while I understand and even supported that Sophie stepped up for her siblings when she did because I did the exact same for the same reason for my sister though in my case our dad didn't split he just fell apart. I also realized when they both needed to stand on their own two feet. It took Sophie in my opinion way too long to realize it and then got mad when someone pointed it out.  

 

But I kept reading and I'm glad I did, because once Sophie started growing up and realizing that her siblings   did to you could see her growth as well.  And this book has convinced me to give Denise Hunter another try with future books. 

No comments:

Post a Comment