Wednesday, June 23, 2021

Through Waters Deep by Sarah Sundin review

Title:  Through Waters Deep

Author:  Sarah Sundin

Ch: 46

Pg:  376

Series: Waves of Freedom

Genre:  Christian Historical Romance

Rating: 5 stars

Publisher: Revell

 

After reading Though Waters Deep  by Sarah Sundin I again wonder why I waited so long to read Sarah's books even though this is now the fifth book that I've read. As someone who loves Navy history I blame it on being the granddaughter of a Navy Sailor and the Daughter of a Marine.  And who also loves mysteries, this book was right up my ally. 

 

Mary Stirling was at the Boston Navy Yard as a secretary and Jim Avery is an Office in the Navy they are old friends from back home when a mystery at the yard has them both working together to solve it. And though the course of it they both begin to see the other in a new light. Sarah has done another thing I didn't think an author would ever be able to get me to do, and that's end up loving a friends to more story. That has always been my least favorite troupe. But apparently if there's any other who can get me to read it and love it, it's Sarah.    Through Waters Deep at least for me was the perfect balance of history, mystery and romance.  What I've grown to love about Sarah's books is that even though they are historical fiction her heroines aren't damsels in distress though they are true the 40s setting they are quite capable in their own right while dressing in the awesome dresses of the period.   

 

Sarah writes hero and heroines that reflect the real life men and women whom we've come to know of as the greatest generation and she does without dismissing those real life heroes.  And even though there are some who would want us to forget women helped us win the war at home and aboard.    And with Through the Waters Deep Sarah again proves why she is my go to author for WWII fiction. I just wonder what I'm going to do when I make it through her back list and have to wait like everyone else for another book.

 

I received a copy of this book from the publisher through netgalley. I was not required to write a positive review. All opinions expressed are mine alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment