Wednesday, June 2, 2021

The Huntress by Kate Quinn review

Title:  The Huntress 

Author: Kate Quinn

Pages: 549

Genre: Historical Fiction

Rating: 4.5 stars

Publisher: William Morrow

 

The Huntress is my second book by Kate Quinn and I have to say I loved it just as much as I loved as The Rose Code, but I do have to say I enjoyed the mystery aspect of this one.  The storyline of WWII, post war coming together at the end in the 1950s were all three points of view sort of much and the three people telling the story actually meet.  I have to say my favorite character was Jordan with Tony being a close second. I enjoyed his humor especially when he and Ian were joking about reading or not reading Moby Dick and Tony says he got out of reading it in highs school by enlisting the day after Pearl Harbor.   But the book is not all humor because Ian and Tony are hunting down The Huntress a female assassin for the Nazi with the help of Nina who's the only one who escaped her.  Jordon finds herself in the middle of the hunt and doesn't even know it.   And the least likely person will be the one to put the final piece together.  But it could have happened sooner if people had been honest with each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment