Monday, April 25, 2022

Josh and Gemma make a Baby by Sarah Ready Review

Title:  Josh and Gemma Make A Baby 

Author:  Sarah Ready

Ch: 31

Pg: 366

Genre:  Women’s Fiction with romance

Rating: 4 stars

Publisher: Swift and Lewis Publishing LLC

 

Don't let the cover fool you Josh and Gemma make a baby by Sarah Ready is not a typical rom com.  Though it has humor, comedy and romance I would not classify it as a rom com or even your typical romance. As it deals with deeper issues that rom coms don't normally tackle.  But Sarah Ready does it with tack and humor.  Gemma has given up on finding Mr. Right but she still wants a baby, so enter her brother's best friend Josh.  Both go into the arrangement without planning on being anything more than friend’s famous last words.  

 

I've seen other reviews were readers were saying that Gemma was going through wasn't realistic and it was over the top. I found it realistic and believable and not over the top.   But we live in a society where women get shamed for their infertility even from their own family. Gemma was easy for me to relate to. Not the inferably part or the IVF at least not yet, but I can relate to the Endometritis diagnosis and her reaction to it. Not every woman relates to endo the same way but like Gemma I related to   my diagnosis with humor it was the only way I could process it.  So it was nice to see it handle that way in a book. (Though not everyone handles it that way).   And I could see myself doing something similar to Gemma if I was in her shoes. All in all a good book that had me laughing and in tears.  And Rooting for both Gemma and Josh. 

 

A few steamy scenes.

I received a copy of this book from the publisher through netgalley. I was not required to write a positive review. All opinions expressed are mine alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment