Thursday, April 21, 2022

Run, Rose, Run by Dolly Parton and James Patterson review

 Title:  Run, Rose, Run

Author:  Dolly Parton and James Patterson

Ch: 96

Length:  10:26:15

Genre:  fiction hint of mystery

Rating: 4.5 stars

 

I have to say that I would read anything that Dolly writes. We technically I listened to the audiobook which is narrated by Dolly and a full cast. I love full cast audiobooks every main character gets its own narrator which adds to the story. And even though it's also written by James Patterson it doesn't read like a James Patterson it reads like what I think a fiction book written by Dolly would read like.  Annielee was my favorite character though Ruthanna Ryder was a close second as the retired Country queen,  Ruthanna's character reminded me so much of Dolly and I can't help but wonder if Dolly did that for a reason.  And of course any good country story like any good country love song needs a hero, enter Ethan Blake the Army Captain turned songwriter.  The book does start out a little on the slow side but quickly picks up.  

 

Run, Rose, Run has been optioned for a movie and that's something I'm looking forward to, and to me there's only one person who could play Ruthanna Ryder and that's Dolly herself. 

 

 I received a copy of this book from the publisher through netgalley. I was not required to write a positive review. All opinions expressed are mine alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment