Monday, December 30, 2019

Favorite Books of 2019


Favorite Reads 
A Bound Heart by Laura Frantz
A Bound Heart by Laura FrantzIt was a given that Laura’s newest book was going to be on this list. I loved both the Scotland setting and even the Virginia.  I also loved the characters and the quotes at the beginning of the chapters

Never Let Go by Elizabeth Goddard
Never Let Go (Uncommon Justice #1)  This book was by a new to me author this year. I also loved that the main Character was a Forensic Genealogist.

All Made Up by Kara Isaac
All Made Up  This one is my favorite of Kara’s books. I found the Main character Katriona McLeod was easy to relate,  mainly because it was the first time in fiction that I’ve read a character that has the same condition as me.

With this Pledge by Tamera Alexander
With This Pledge (Carnton, #1) by Tamera Alexander | Goodreads It’s been a while since one of Tamera’s books I have been on one of these list. But I loved this one. I loved that the main characters including the hero and heroine were based on real people.

The Blue Castle by L.M. Montgomery
The Blue Castle by L.M. Montgomery | Goodreads  This one is now my favocite L.M. Montgomery I love it more than Anne of Green Gables and I’m still on the fence about the Emily series.

The Number of Love by Roseanna M White
The Number of Love (Codebreakers, #1) by Roseanna M. White | Goodreads I’ve loved all the books by Roseanna that I’ve read and this one was no exception. I also loved the WWI setting as I love that time period but haven’t found many books set during that time period. And that was an emotional scene that the  main character through because I went through something similar and Roseanna wrote that scene beautifully and with grace. And she got the characters emotions after it perfectly.

Romanov by Nadine Brandes
Romanov by Nadine BrandesThis is the book that 10 year old me wanted after watching Anastasia as a child. I wanted more of the story. Even after middle school and learning the true story of the Romanov I wanted a happy ending even if it had to be fictional.


The Road to Paradise by Karen Barnett
The Road to Paradise by Karen Barnett | Goodreads My first book by this author but it won’t be my last. I loved reading a story set in a National park in its infancy. Can’t wait to read the rest of the series.

The Killing Tide by Dani Pettrey
The Killing Tide (Coastal Guardians, #1) My first book by Dani. Loved that it focused on the Coast Guide investigative Service or CGIS. I don’t think I’ve ever read that it a book before. I love the North Carolina setting and the fact that it mentions Camp Lejeune.

Living Lies by Natalie Walters
Living Lies (Harbored Secrets #1) by Natalie Walters | Goodreads Her Debut novel and the first book that I read by her. I loved the hero a Marine turned small-town sheriff’s deputy. 

The Dating Charade by Melissa Ferguson
The Dating Charade by Melissa Ferguson | Goodreads Loved the Brady Brunch feel of this as well as the Gatlinburg Tennessee setting as Gatlinburg was the site of many childhood family vacations.    

Sorcery of Thorns by Margaret Rogerson
Sorcery of Thorns by Margaret Rogerson | GoodreadsThis book gave me Beauty and the Beast feels. This one is the only Main stream book on the list.

Love and Other Mistakes by Jessica Kate
Love and Other Mistakes by Jessica Kate | Goodreads  This one gave me Christian chick lit feels as well as Romantic comedy. I look forward to Jessica’s next book.

Apple Cider Slaying by Julie Anne Lindsey
  One of two favorite cozies of the year. Features a Marine turned small-town sheriff. I’m sensing a pattern

The Secret Christmas Child by Lee Tobin McClain
The Secret Christmas Child A wounded Veteran gets a second chance with his high school sweetheart.

The Pursuit of Tamsen Littlejohn by Lori Benton
The Pursuit of Tamsen Littlejohn My favorite of Lori’s books. This one remined me a bit of Laura Frant’s Courting Little Morrow

Christy by Catherine Marshall

Christy by Catherine Marshall | GoodreadsSo glad I finally read my mom’s favorite book.







Honorable mentions
The Giver of Stars by Jojo Moyes
The Giver of Stars by Jojo Moyes | Goodreads

Deadly Deceit by Natalie Walters
rmaney recommends Deadly Deceit (Harbored Secrets Book

The Rancher’s Holiday Hope by Brenda Minton
The Rancher's Holiday Hope
You Belong with me by Tari Faris
You Belong with Me (eBook)
The Secrets of Paper and Ink by Lindsay Harrel
Secrets Of Paper And Ink - By Lindsay Harrel, $10.99 online at Target. Brought together by a charming bookstore in England, the lives of three women intertwine as each learns the power she has over the story of her life.
Castle on the Rise by Kristy Cambron
Castle on the Rise
My Dearest Dietrich by Amanda Barrett
Andrea Stephens recommends My Dearest Dietrich
Spin the Dawn by Elizabeth Lim
Wrapped up in Christmas by Janice Lynn
Wrapped Up in Christmas Book

1 comment:

  1. Great list, Carissa! I love that Christy was one of your favorites. :) And The Blue Castle too! I think The Pursuit of Tamsen Littlejohn remains my favorite of Lori Benton's books too, and I really need to reread it sometime. I have The Number of Love on my TBR shelf and am looking forward to reading it!

    Thank you for sharing your favorites, and hope 2020 is a great year for you!

    ~Amber

    ReplyDelete