Tuesday, December 3, 2019

Where the Crawdads Sing review


Where the Crawdads Sing by Delia OwensTitle:  Where the Crawdads Sing

Author: Delia Owens

Pages:384

Genre: literary fiction

Rating: 4 stars

Publisher: G.P. Putnam’s Sons

            I kept putting off reading Where the Crawdads Sing mainly because I wasn’t sure if the book itself would live up to the hype.  And while it didn’t live up to the hype at least to me it was still a good read.  And I’m glad I read it. 
     Where The Crawdads Sing by Delia Owens is very much a character driven novel with a little bit of plot. But I think even if you don’t like character driven novels you will still enjoy this one. Kya Clark is a character that you can’t help but root for.  I literally finished this book in two days. I couldn’t put it down. It reminded me a bit of the book Island of the Blue Dolphins that I read as a teenager.

No comments:

Post a Comment