Monday, December 9, 2019

Review of Pride, Prejudice, and Poison


 Title:  Pride, Prejudice, and Poison 

Author: Elizabeth Blake

Series: A Jane Austen Society Mystery Book1 

Chapters: 56

Pages: 330

Genre: Cozy Mystery

Rating: 4 stars

Publisher: Crooked Lane Books

     Pride, Prejudice, and Poison by Elizabeth Blake is a cozy mystery set in a small English village complete with a bookstore and a Jane Austen Society.   For a debut cozy and the first in the series it was good and enjoyed reading it.  But then again I’m a Jane Austen fan so this book was right up my alley. 
     This cozy gives a node to Pride and Prejudice with a bookstore owner Erin Coleridge who reminded me of bit of Elizabeth Bennett and a Detective Inspector who reminds me more than a bit of Mr. Darcy and of course there’s a Wickman like character as well.
     So if your fan of Jane Austen and or cozy mysteries sent in England this one is worth a go.

I received a copy of this book from the publisher through netgalley. I was not required to write a positive review. All opinions expressed are mine alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment