Thursday, October 14, 2021

Killer Content by Olivia Blacke review

Title:  Killer Content

Author: Olivia Blacke

Ch: 25

Pg:  289

Series: A Brooklyn Murder Mystery

Genre:  Cozy Mystery

Rating: 4 stars

Publisher: Penguin Random House

 

Killer Content by Olivia Blacke is the first book in the A Brooklyn Murder Mystery series and it's a cozy mystery series I didn't know I needed or that such a thing could exist.  Odessa Dean is from Louisiana but she's cat and apartment setting for her aunt in Brooklyn and working at a used bookstore microbrewery (is that a thing in real life or just a book because I need that). When a murder mystery lands in her lap.  A murder that even the police have ruled an accident. But Odessa's not so sure and she wants to make sure that her fellow waitress gets justice. 

 

Even though this is a cozy mystery because of Odessa's age it read like a cozy mixed with a rom com without a lot of romance. It was the perfect pick me up book. That helped get me out of a reading slump and I loved Odessa quirks and sense of humor and  I look forward to the next book in the series and anymore books by this author



 

 

 

I received a copy of this book from the publisher through netgalley. I was not required to write a positive review. All opinions expressed are mine alone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment