Wednesday, October 13, 2021

The Last Chance Library by Freya Sampson review

 Title:  The Last Chance Library

 Author:  Freya Sampson

Ch: 38

Pg:  336

Genre:  Contemporary

Rating: 4 stars

Publisher: Berkeley

 

I loved this women's fiction debut novel by Freya Sampson June is a character that is easy to relate to.  And not since reading Matilda as a kid have a related to a book worm in the pages of a book as I did with Lucy.  Though I do think a big part because like June I am too a library assistant who lost her mother as well.  Though the book starts off a little sad it quickly picks up as you meet a whole cast of quirky characters. Characters that you would indeed find in a real-life library.  Each of the patrons of the library in the book are the types of people real librarians' and library assistant’s encounter on a daily bases. 

 

I finished the book in the course of two days because I wanted to find out what happened with June, the library patrons and the library.  The ending was bittersweet but to me the ending was perfect for the book. The Last Chance Library was awesome debut novel and look forward to future books from the author. 

 


 

 

 

I received a copy of this book from the publisher through netgalley. I was not required to write a positive review. All opinions expressed are mine alone. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment