Monday, October 11, 2021

A Blind Date for a Marine by Jess Mastorakos review

Title:  A Blind Date for the Marine 

Author:  Jess Mastorakos 

Ch: 24 Plus Epilogue 

Pg:  207

Series: First Comes Love

Genre:  Rom Com Sweet Romance 

Rating: 5 stars 

Publisher: self-published 

    A Blind Date for the Marine by Jess Mastorakos is the second book in the () series. I loved this one more than the first one. In this one we get Mateo's and Claire’s story. Claire is Amy's best friend and assistant from the first book and Mateo is one of Dex's Marine Buddies.  Jess has given me with this series something I found lacking in Rom Com's and Romance books that exists in real life. Nerdy Marines. Even time author's write Marine heroes even in romance they play into the stereotype. But I know from my own life of being raised by a nerdy Marine   and having plenty of nerdy Marine "uncles" they do exist, and I want more of it in books.  Jess has at least given us to nerdy Marine heroes first with Dex and now Mateo and one more in this series. 


    What makes me love this one more than the first book is Claire's a closet romance writer and a bookworm who lives above a bookshop. But Mateo is book nerd himself and loves to read which in my book makes him swoon worthy.  I love a man who loves to read.   Though I was swooning throughout the book there's a line in the epilogue that Mateo says to Claire that makes him one of my new favorite rom com heroes. 


    Though they are technically standalone books I recommend reading them in order so not to spoil the romance in the first book. I am convinced that this series would make awesome movies and you can't tell me otherwise. 


I received a copy of this book from the author. I was not required to write a positive review. All opinions expressed are mine alone. 



 


No comments:

Post a Comment