Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Review of The Merchant's Daughter


Title: The Merchant’s Daughter
Author: Melanie Dickerson
Series:   sort of she has one other book out with similar themes.
Chapters: 21 plus epilogue
Pages: 270
Genre: Teen Christian Historical Fiction, Fairy tales retold
Rating: 5 stars
     The Merchant’s Daugther by Melanie Dickerson is a retelling of Beauty and the Beast with a Christian theme. It is the first book that I have read by Melanie Dickerson.
     Annabel Chapman is a Merchant’s daughter whose father has died and her family can’t pay the debt they owe. Annabel agrees to go in her brother’s place. She becomes a servant in lord Randulf Le Wyse house in order to escape the advances of Ballief Tom Atte Water. Annabel is taken under the wing of Mistress Eustacia. Annabel only planned to be a servant but she finds so much more.
I loved The Merchant Daughter, mainly because Beauty and the Beast was my favorite fairy tale growing up. Since Beauty and the Beast was the fairy tale that stressed the importance of what was on the inside. Which makes it the perfect fairy tale to retold with a Christian theme.
I enjoyed The Merchant’s Daughter by Melanie Dickerson and I plan to read more of her books

1 comment:

  1. I loved Beauty and the Beast too! I may have to check this book out. :-)

    ReplyDelete