Thursday, November 26, 2020

A bittersweet Thanksgiving

 

Holidays do get a little easier each year after a love one passes. But there’s always one that remains hard to get through no matter how many years have passed.

For me that’s always going to be Thanksgiving. Yes for me Thanksgivings giving is the hardest holiday since losing my mom. For many reasons but the main one being her birthday was around Thanksgiving and we celebrated her birthday at Thanksgiving complete with a pumpkin pie her favorite with candles in it instead of cake. So this holiday in a sense is two losses my mom loved every holidays and she loved having a birthday at a time that got her favorite dessert the only dessert she my actually really liked.

Pumpkin pie was one ode the first things I learned to bake and it’s been four years since I’ve baked one because it’s been too hard. But one of these days I’ll bake one again and I’ll smile because I’ll have the wonderful memories that go with it.

2 comments: