Tuesday, November 24, 2020

Things We Didn't Say review


Title:
  Things We Didn’t Say

Author:  Amy Lynn Green

Ch: 13 plus Postscript

Pg:  405

Genre:  Christian Historical Fiction

Rating: 4 Stars

Publisher: Bethany House

 

Things We Didn’t Say is a debut novel by Amy Lynn Green about a little known part of US that isn’t talked about in schools. At least it wasn’t in my history classes. But it was a part of history that my parents made sure I learned about.

Even though the book talks about the POW camps of German soldiers and Japanese internment camps of Japan Americans German American also faced the same issues. Because of my own family history of being German Americans who fought for America and to angelize their German last name and were still treated like traitors. I could understand what Peter and his family went through even though he was Japanese American and fictional.

Johanna Berglund was a character that I didn’t like at the beginning but through the course of the novel she grows and changes.

Amy Lynn Green has done her research in order to write a compelling story about a time in US history that most would want to forget. I love forward to future books from this author she’s proved to be an author to watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment