Saturday, November 14, 2020

Haunted Homicide review


Title:  Haunted Homicide

Author:  Lucy Ness

Ch: 23

Pg:  294

Series: A Haunted Mansion Mystery

Genre:  Cozy Mystery 

Rating: 4 stars

Publisher: Berkeley

 

Avery Morgan is now the manager of the Portage Path Women’s club. What she didn’t know was that less than twenty four hours on the job she finds a dead body and a possible murder. As well as discovering that the club is haunted by Clemmie Bow a flapper from the 1920s.

I generally don’t like cozy mysteries with ghosts in them but for some reason I enjoyed this one and I think it’s because the ghost was a woman from the 1920s and she brought some of that twenties feel to the story with the language and her use of twenties slang.

I love the main character Avery she was a strong heroine and it was a cozy mystery in which the heroine wasn’t a suspect for long. The only thing I didn’t like about the mystery was that I figured out who did it before the end mainly to me it was because it was easy to see who had the most motive and most to loss. But still an enjoyable read I look forward to the next book in the series.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment