Thursday, November 12, 2020

The Code for Love and Heartbreak

 

Title: The Code for Love and Heartbreak   

Author:  Jillian Cantor

Ch: 33

Pg:  304

Genre:  Teen Chick lit, classic retelling

Rating: 4.5 stars


Publisher:
 Inkyard press

 

The Code for Love and Heartbreak by Jillian Cantor is a Jane Austen retelling of Emma. As Emma is my favorite Jane Austen I was thrilled to finally get a modern young adult retelling. In this one Emma Woodhouse is a socially awkward coding nerd and a senior in high school. And George Knightly is her sort of friend and co-Captain of the coding club.

I love that the author brought Emma’s matchmaking attempts into the modern age with a dating app. Emma still has many of the same quirks as the original Emma. The main points of the original novel are still here though Emma’s father isn’t as clingy in this retelling.

And even though it wasn’t as good the original I loved it and wish that an YA Emma retelling had been around when I was a teen. Or at least something other than Clueless. I’m hoping this is the first of many Emma retellings. Janes romantic comedy i don’t care what anyone says.

No comments:

Post a Comment