Thursday, November 19, 2020

For Whom the Book Tolls review

 Title:  For Whom the Book Tolls

Author:  Laura Gail Black

 Ch: 36

 Pg:  364

Series: An Antique Bookshop Mystery book 1

 Genre:  Cozy Mystery

 Rating: 3.5 Stars

Publisher:  Crooked Lane Books

     For Whom the Book Tolls is the first book in the An Antique Bookshop Mystery series by Laura Gail Black. This cozy mystery is set in small town Hokes Folly North Carolina.  I have to say that this one was a fairly quick read.  I finished  this one in a day.  That while this one wasn't my favorite, I'm starting to thank that I'm getting burnt out on cozy mysteries set in small town and bookshops I did enjoy it.  Plus I guess the suspect before the book was even finished.   But I guess that's to be expected when you read a lot of cozy mysteries.   I do however love the puny titles cozy mysteries have.

For a first book in the series the plot didn't drag and the character development was pretty fast.  And I like most of the characters. Expect for the one who turned out to be the villain.  I guess that played a part in me figuring out who done it before the amateur sleuth  in the book did.  I do look forward to the next book in the series to see what else Jenna Quinn and the gang get up to. 

 

I received a copy of this book from the publisher through netgalley. I was not required to write a positive review. All opinions expressed are mine alone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment