Monday, December 28, 2020

Dust by Kara Swanson review


Title:  Dust

 Author:  Kara Swanson

Ch: 38

Pg:  368

Series: Heirs of Neverland

Genre:  Retelling, Fantasy

Rating: 4 stars

Publisher: Enclave Escape

 

Dust by Kara Swanson is the first Peter Pan retelling that I’ve read that I actually enjoyed. I also didn’t mind that this retelling was a little dark because let’s face it the original book and play by J.M. Barrie was kind of dark.

I think to reason I enjoyed this one was because I was the kid who’s introduction to Peter Pan was from the original book not the Disney movie like most kids. So my view of Pan and Captain Hook are different and even at a young age it was easy to see that hero and villain wasn’t clear.

And with Dust there are times in which it isn’t quite whose the villain and who’s the heroes. It keeps you guessing until the end and then leaves a you with a cliff hanger but don’t worry there’s a sequel.

No comments:

Post a Comment