Thursday, December 3, 2020

Rebel Rose review


 Title:  Rebel Rose

Author:  Emma Theriault

Ch: 30 Plus Epilogue

Pg:  345

Series: The Queen’s Council book 1

Genre:  Beauty and Beast retelling, Fairytale retelling, sequel

Rating: 4.5 Stars

Publisher: Disney-Hyperion

     Rebel Rose by Emma Theriault is a book that I didn’t know that I needed. This is the what happens after the Beast and Belles happily ever after at the end of Beauty and the Beast.

What I love about this book is that it also ties on the historical time period of the French Revolution. But by making Belle and the princes kingdom a neighbor of France instead of part of that kingdom.

The Belle in this novel is how I pictured Belle being in her role as the wife of the prince being. Having either a crown or a title wouldn’t change who Belle truly was. Even more that the cartoon and movie the Belle in this book is an even stronger role model for girls.

Belle was and is still my favorite Disney Princess and Rebel Rose makes me love her even more.

No comments:

Post a Comment